Wednesday, July 25, 2012

We would like to welcome Amen187, the newest member of our fam. Here is his interview:

Tell us a bit about you, when you started writing? Why you started writing? And what was your first tag?



I started writing in 2002. I started writing because I was inspired
by a guy I met named Words. Him and I became friends and I remember sitting for countless hours listening and seeing him describe and perform an art form that blew my mind. He was the reason I started writing and inspired me to become an artist. My first tag name was SEZMO.

What’s your favourite paint brand?

Montana but I like Belton too. But its not the paint that makesthe writer so it doesn’t matter as long as it sprays and you can get up.

What’s your favourite part of graffiti?

My favourite part of graffiti is the pure freedom of expression. The colour, the unlimited expansion of letters and colours and  definitely the friends I have made throughout the years.

Describe your style briefly

I actually don’t know what my style is hey, I try as many different styles and concepts as I can.

Artistic or bomber?

Both. Bombing is dope but being able to put a master piece up is dope too.

Dodgiest graffiti experience?

Me and Korpz were bombing a building once and a car stopped. We hid in the bush and while we were in the bush we heard something behind us. We turned around and there was a guard in camo standing not even half a metre behind us. We bolted, I fell in a man hole but we got away.

People who inspire you?

Wordz, Korpz, Naus and all the writers I ever painted with.Also the Love Letters crew. They own walls with their pieces.

Anything you would like to say?

Yeah thank you to the gents who I have come to know and respect. You are homeys for life. I look forward to being part of OPK family, we are going to burn walls country wide. Much love and respect. And to Korpz, miss you homey. Come back to SA.